Friday, February 3, 2012

The 12 Best Foods for Abs

February 3, 2012. My little punkin' is one month old today. Stop growing, I say to her almost every day, every hour and every minute. Yep, it's true. Some of her newborn-size pants are already getting too short. I don't like that one bit. I want Hannah to be a wee little thing forever. Well, for most of forever. I can't wait until she's up and running...I hoping we can run together. Until then, I keep smothering her with kisses while playing dress-up with all the clothes that still fit but whose days are surely numbered. Good thing we have backups. She is certainly NOT good for my bank account.

She wasn't good for my abs, either. But that's neither here nor there, really. I willingly gave those up for this sweet little bundle of joy. I do want them back, though. That's OK of me, right?

Hannah and I have gone to the gym twice this week. She slept in her carrier, I walked and walked the track. And it felt really good. Good to be up and moving, burning some calories. I know that it should be the last thing on my mind right now, but I do worry about getting back into shape. I have but five or so pounds to lose, so I'm doing pretty good in that respect. But what bothers me is that I'm feeling sluggish and weak, like my muscles are losin' it a bit. They are, after all, used to working out almost every day in some way, shape or form. And I think, despite the fact that they've enjoyed the time off, they're itchin' to get back at it. I miss it, truth be told. All of it, but particularly the ab workouts that I haven't done in, geeze...like ten months now.

Baby steps, though. Right?

Until I get to a point where I can reintroduce those things, I'm doing my best to watch what I eat. And lemme tell ya, sorry if this is too much info, but breastfeeding makes a momma super hungry! I think I out-eat my husband right now. Bring it on!

At least I'm eating a lot of the following. Always have, always will:



Question: How many of the above do you eat in a given day? Do you ever combine more than one in a recipe? If so, how?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...