Sunday, February 26, 2012

Breakfast, lunch...

...and dinner, too. But in my haste to consume my taco and quesadilla from La Perla, I failed to take my camera out of the diaper bag. That place is just too dang good to pause and reflect. It's like a little Mexican vacation, but right in my hometown. I did, however, take some pics of my breakfast. I love it when breakfast looks good and then tastes good, too. Check it:

At first glance, you might think the above to be a very simple bowl of yogurt, berries and bread. But alas, it's so much more.   What started out as a cup of vanilla Chobani turned into a cinnamon-honey infused concoction with some Nutcase Crunch mixed in.

Nutcase Crunch?


This tiny sample came in a Conscious Box and I absolutely love what it is—and what it is, quite simply, is a mixed up bag of ground almonds, pecans, unsweetened coconut and pine nuts. How easy would it be to replicate at home, and how perfect is it for my yogurt? So easy. So perfect.

Let's take a closer look at that piece of bread.

It's a slice of Hearty Oat Loaf smothered in Salted Almond Butter. You must print both recipes pronto. And then write this down as a healthy lunch option:

Mixed greens, mixed berries. Plus a rice cake topped with salted almond butter and grape jelly.

I totally rocked the berries and butter today.

Question: What was your favorite meal of the day? Any single ingredient carry over from one meal to the next?


2 comments:

Jen @ Peanut Butter and Peppers said...

Breakfast and lunch look great and so does the Nutcase Crunch granola!

lisa scotto said...

Thank you! We prepare Nutcase Crunch with love and care and lots of people are enjoying our special mix of nuts. It is a great alternative to cereal, breadcrumbs or grain based snacks!

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...