And it continues, this dull winter we've been having up here in Michigan. A few flurries fell this morning, but they didn't stick around long enough to cover up all the naked trees. They came and went, just like the rays of sunshine so few and far between. So it's at this time of year, when everything is ugly and blah, that I start to crave a vacation—a tropical vacation. Let's be honest, though. This girl and her guy (and her daughter) aren't going anywhere anytime soon.
We're not going to Maui:
I'm loving this right now:
banana-coconut granola I read about on Including Cake. This stuff is literally a tropical explosion in your mouth, what with the coconut oil, pineapple chunks
PINEAPPLE MACADAMIA GRANOLA
Inspiration: Banana-Coconut Granola, Including Cake
• 1-1/2 cup oats
• 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
• 2 tbsp chia seeds
• 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
• 3/4 cup dried pineapple, chopped
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
• 2 tbsp honey
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1 banana, mashed
1) Preheat oven to 350F.
2) Mix dry ingredients. Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
3) Combine, then pour onto a cookie sheet.
4) Bake 10 minutes, longer depending.
5) Store in an airtight container once cooled.
6) Try not to eat it all at once.
Oh, and it's very good on the pineapple-flavored Chobani:
Question: If you could travel anywhere in the world right this second, where would you go? Me...I'd head down to Anguilla. With a big bag full of books. And some sunscreen. (And the husband and daughter.)