Monday, April 30, 2012

#FoodiePenPals: April Edition

We're about to say goodbye to April, which makes it time for Foodie Pen Pals everywhere to reveal the goods they got this month. I certainly love participating in this program, and have tried many a new food as a result. And I've also found myself reading some new blogs, too. So without further ado, I give you this month's loot. Thanks, Julia!

Seriously, Blue Diamond crackers are so yummy. I've had the almond version before, but never the hazelnut, and it's safe to say that they did not disappoint. I ate them with some homemade peanut butter and banana dip:

Take a banana, mash it, then mix in a tablespoon of peanut butter. Maybe even some cinnamon if you're feeling adventurous. I promise you—totally delicious. Like the Be Real cereal. It's oatmeal with pretty much everything in it, minus all the gook like preservatives and artificial flavors. Since I'm pretty much obsessed with bananas, that's what I topped it with in the wee hours of one morning before my daughter woke up.

Sometimes I have to scarf down breakfast, otherwise I don't get breakfast, so having an instant cereal that is both good for me and good flavored is definitely, well...a very good thing. And since I sometimes have to snack on the go, the packet of Justin's Nut Butter was a definite winner:

Maple flavor? Deluxe, so good on my apple and yeah...you bet I squeezed some of it right into my mouth. So much easier than putting it on the apple all ladylike. Well, at least when I'm driving. Maybe I should have grabbed one of the Clif bars instead.

Sometimes I just want one single bite, so I'm prone to cutting up my snack bars so I can save some for later. This particular bar had chocolate on it, so it when a long way in terms of satisfying the sweet tooth without breaking my calorie bank.

Don't even get me started on the Newman's Own Organic Peanut Butter Cups that Julia sent me. How sinfully delicious they were. Like I'd even consider cutting those up. But anyway, if you want to participate in the Foodie Pen Pal program (you should), here's all the info you need:

Question: Have you discovered any new and delicious foods lately?


1 comment:

The Lean Green Bean said...

i always break my snack bars in half!

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...