Sunday, April 27, 2014

6 Things I'm Loving Right Now, Vol. 4

Read for another recap of all things I've been loving this month? Sometimes, I'm just not sure how I narrow it down to six. But, here goes:

1) Baked Cod

I've never really been a fish person. I think it's because I used to fish off a pier with my Grandfather, to be honest. I've had fish look me in the eye, and I feel less than inclined to much on gills and bones. Weird, I know. But lately, I've been loving me some baked cod. It's so...buttery and delicious! And not at all fishy. With a bit of olive oil and some cracked pepper, it's truly perfection. Unless you ask my husband, who thinks it makes our house smell disgusting.

2) Baby Kicks
Seriously, it's crazy insane how much this kid is moving around. Hannah was the same way, really. And at this point in my pregnancy (34 weeks), I imagine space is at a premium. Of course, he/she doesn't really start kicking until I stop moving, which means it usually happens whenever I relax. Luckily, it's not keeping me up too much at night. Still sleeping well, hooray. Still no back pain, knock on wood. (Is it June yet?)

3) Ocean Potion After Sun Aloe Lotion

This stuff is a staple on my nightstand right now, and probably will be until it's either A) gone, or B) Winter again. It smells like your best vacation. But it can be hard to find. I've had some luck at WalMart, but got this bottle down in Florida at Ron John in Cocoa Beach. Ocean Potion sunscreen, on the other hand, is a little more readily available and smells equally awesome. I recommend both, completely.

4) Lids and Straws for Ball Jars

Is the whole Mason jar trend still a thing? Eh, who cares. I'm still loving mine, especially now that I have lids and straws...which also fit on some old pasta/peanut butter jars, too. I picked them up (the lids and straws) at Bed, Bath and Beyond the other day for a measly $5. So worth it. So summery.

5) POPSUGAR App for iPhone
You might have noticed a new badge in my sidebar. I'm excited to have been chosen as a POPSUGAR Select blogger, specifically for the fitness category. I find myself among some excellent people, and I've been having fun getting to know the ins and outs of this community. So naturally, one thing I did was download the POPSUGAR app for iPhone—It's actually pretty fun! It's essentially a news/information roll, with customizable categories that range from "celebrity" to "fashion," "fitness," "home" and a few more in between.

6) Post-Baby Fitness Inspiration

Over the past month or two, I've collected a few things that have become items of post-baby fitness inspiration. They're all tucked away in my Skyscape box, waiting for the day my doctor gives me the OK to return to normal activity. I imagine, with two kiddos to take care of,  there will be a certain element of "no time for exercise," but let's be honest—You know I'll find a way and the contents of this box will make it fun. Items include two pairs of pants, two tech shirts, a tank and Sarah's book. And I've been watching a few items in the stores, just waiting for them to go on sale. So will see how full the box gets.

Question: Tell me about one thing you're really loving right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...