Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Hello, October! (plus...it's #workoutwednesday)

Man, the leaves are already changing up here in Michigan. Emotions = mixed. I love Fall, but I hate Winter. And I hate wearing coats, so I'm soaking up every last minute of this non-coat weather. Because let's be honest, it's much more fun to cozy up in a nice sweater or sweatshirt instead of a coat. They're just so...bulky.

Anyway.
Here are my goals for September with notes on how I did:

1) Teach my first PiYo Live class without messing up too badly.
I am really loving this format. The first time I mic'd up, I was really super nervous. But I got through class just fine. Sure, I made a few mistakes. I'm not perfect. But the students came back for more the following week, so I felt pretty encouraged.

2) Have fun at The Color Run in South Bend on September 27.
Consider it done.

3) Sign up for the Hot Chocolate 15K in Chicago on November 2.
All set to go! I'm looking forward to running in Chicago again. I haven't crossed the finish line in the city since The Chicago Women's Half Marathon last summer.

4) Reduce the amount of sugar in my diet.
OK, friends. I need help with this. I've spent the last few weeks reading up on taking sugar out of my diet. I just don't think I can make it an all or nothing thing, so I've been trying to make smarter choices here and there to reduce total intake. #notdoingwell

5) Friggen' buy new running shoes already, gah!
So, I decided to get another pair of my beloved Wave Sayonaras... And then the FitFluential gods smiled down on me with the opportunity to review a pair of neutral running shoes. They're set to get here next week. If I like them, problem solved. If I don't, then I'll be purchasing some Sayonaras pronto. Only 18 days until The Grand Rapids Marathon.

6) Figure out a team uniform for the Grand Rapids Marathon relay.
We decided that we want to be bright. Any suggestions?

And that's enough about September.

My goals for October:

1) Successfully complete (and enjoy) my first marathon relay race.
2) Introduce new segments to my PiYo Live class.
3) Continue making efforts to reduce sugar intake.
4) Read a book.
5) Add some clothing to my fall wardrobe.
6) Celebrate 5 years of marriage with a great, kidless date night.

Now, since today is Wednesday, that also makes it "Workout Wednesday" up in these parts. So I've got a workout for you! It's a short upper body workout—I've been loving short workouts lately. Between my teaching schedule and training for the Grand Rapids Marathon Relay, I haven't had much time for long, intense strength training sessions.

This workout can get you in and out in just about 30 minutes.

Most of the exercises are pretty straightforward. My guess is that you've heard of them before. If not, leave a note below and I'll explain. And, as always, be cautious when trying out new workouts. All of mine are backed by my experience as an ACE-certified personal trainer, but I don't know your specifics so they might not be right for you. 

Question: Tips, tricks, resources for cutting back sugar intake?!

1 comment:

Rosi said...

Love this and love the idea to nix the sugar! Apples are sweet enough and I can't wait to try it with vanilla. :)

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...