Thursday, December 25, 2014

Believing is seeing. #merrychristmas

A few days ago, I was walking out of the grocery store with my two kiddos in a cart, when a friendly man stopped us for a chat. He directed his conversation to the kiddos, asking my daughter about her "coffee" from Starbucks and then asking me what aisle I had found "this little guy" in because he hadn't seen the display of handsome baby boys. I had never seen him at the store before, and have only seen him once since then. There's always that thought about strangers, and sometimes I get a little nervous when they approach my kiddos, but this guy...an older gentleman...was nice and genuine. And he really made me stop and think about Christmas, because he said to me (I'll paraphrase it for you):

"This is such a great time of year for you. Christmas with kids is wonderful. It really puts the magic and wonder back into this time of year. You can see it through their eyes and remember how you once saw it. Santa, the elves...we all need to keep believing."

I can't even make that up. 

He's totally right. As adults, we go through this time of year in a complete hustle... Holiday shopping at busy stores that test our patience, wondering if the presents we're buying will actually be liked. Stressing over party schedules and perfect Christmas trees, time off and actually relaxing for just a minute. I mean, you know.

So this year, as you wake up and go about your Christmas traditions, I encourage you to see the day through the eyes of a child, whether or not you have children of your own. Embrace the wonder, awe and magic of it all. Believe in Santa and all that he stands for: Love, joy, giving, sharing. Because even though you might never see "the big fat man with the long white beard" coming down your chimney, you can see the essence of him everywhere. 

And there's nothing unreal about that.
Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Pin / Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...