Thursday, July 30, 2015

The Song Every Woman Should Listen To

Every Thursday morning, I wake up before the sun (and my family) to run. Today, it was six miles with a negative split. Here's what I discovered: I suck at keeping a steady pace.

But we'll talk about that later. 
First, I want to tell you about the song that every woman should listen to.

Tweet: Ladies everywhere: You need to hear this song by @ColbieCaillat! via @adailydoseoffit http://ctt.ec/p0ZO7+

When I wake up on mornings like this, I literally roll out of bed, throw my running clothes on, brush my teeth and go. I don't wash my face. I don't usually comb my hair either because #ponytail. Translation: I look like crap. AND I DON'T CARE.

running, selfie
I'm not going to the gym or lacing up my running shoes to look good. And no one judges me for it. In fact, today (in all my unwashed and sweaty glory), someone complimented me. "You look nice this morning, pink is a good color for you." And then I heard this song on the way home:


Ladies, memorize this song. (And watch the video.)

We absolutely do not have to try so hard. Society will make you feel otherwise, but gems like this song remind us to rise above it. We really just have to be ourselves. And in being ourselves, it means we're totally loving ourselves.

And that's all that really matters. Personal confidence is the best makeup, even the best outfit ever.

Go ahead, re-listen to the song...

Good stuff, right?
Back to my running game.

runchat, runner, running
I seriously need to work on keeping a steady pace. It's really hard for me! Maybe I'm overthinking it...my miles aren't that off from each other, but still. Why is it so hard to keep it consistent?

I just signed up for the Michigan 13.Wine Half Marathon, so it's official, and I'm suddenly very nervous. There are A LOT of hills on this course, and it will be mid-August so I expect the temperatures to be up there. Hills and heat. My two favorite things to run in (except not).

I can do this, right?

Up first, Logan's Run 10K this weekend.
Another chance to test the endurance through heat and humidity.
Maybe some hills, too.

Question: How do you keep a consistent pace while your are running? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...