Sunday, March 5, 2017

Make Your Own Starbucks Bistro Boxes

It's no secret that I love Starbucks. A warm Cascara latte is the perfect pick-me-up, and their snacks...oh, so delicious! Have you tried the sous vide egg bites yet? Current obsession. Last month, I showed you how I make my own. And today, I'm going to show you how I make something else I like to buy at Starbucks. The very convenient Bistro box.

starbucks, snacks, lunchables, homemade, eat healthy, foodSadly, I can't buy these Bistro boxes at my Starbucks because it's located inside a grocery store. So I don't get them often, but they're my go-to when I'm on-the-go in other places. If you don't know what a Bistro box is, it's very much the adult version of a Lunchable. Perfectly packed food that's easy to eat. Lunchables aren't the healthiest, but thankfully, Bistro boxes are.

So as I'm sure you guessed, I've taken to making my own. I've seen a lot of other people doing this on Pinterest and Instagram. Here's how I do it:

A post shared by Tara (@adailydoseoffit) on


I have a ton of plastic containers. My husband is always trying to throw some out. But none of them are worthy of the trash bin (in my opinion), but I wanted something that would be tossable...hopefully recyclable, too...and inexpensive. So I bought a set of cheap containers from the grocery store. I'll have no qualms about getting rid of them if need be, and I love that they stack perfectly in my refrigerator.

snacks, food, eat clean, healthy eating, Starbucks, Lunchables
Plus, they're a great size for just the right amount of food. In true Starbucks form, I added dairy, a protein, some fruits and veggies, and a carb. Specifically, these little biscuits:

carbs, bread, snacks, food, eat clean, healthy, apple cinnamon
I put a hard boiled egg, one chunk of cheese, mini peppers, and grapes in with the biscuit. Plus a chunk of super dark chocolate because #dessertalways. You can do anything you want, though. I made five of the same variation. And when I emptied one, I filled it right back up again with whatever else I had on hand.

Here are a few of the Bistro boxes I've made:

snacks, snacking, food, eat clean, healthy, starbucks bistro boxes, lunchables
These Bistro boxes aren't the biggest meals you'll ever eat. I don't know about you, but when I'm on the go, I tend to eat less anyway, so they prove to be perfect. I like throwing them in my gym back to snack on in between clients:

Starbucks Bistro Box, food, eat healthy, clean eating, snacks,
Also, it's worth noting, in terms of food prep—these take little to no time to throw together. Make a list of everything you want in your Bistro box and hit the grocery store. (Don't forget to buy some convenient containers, too.)

Question: What would you fill your Bistro box with?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...